Paternity Lawyers In Birmingham

We represent women in 9 counties: Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe, Genesee, Lapeer and St. Clair.

Skilled Family Law Attorneys Located in Southeast Michigan

At The Law Firm of Victoria, P.C., we understand how important it is that your child’s best interests be maintained, no matter what. Our team of compassionate, dedicated child custody lawyers located in Birmingham, MI can help you to address matters of paternity with the skill and efficiency you need!

Michigan Paternity Revocation

There are three scenarios in which paternity can be revoked under the Revocation of Paternity Act:

  • A mother, an acknowledged father (a man who has affirmatively held himself out to be the child’s father by executing an acknowledgement of parentage), an alleged father (a man who by his actions could have fathered the child) or a county prosecutor may seek to revoke an Acknowledgement of Parentage.
  • A mother, an alleged father or an affiliated father (a man who has been determined in a court to be the child’s father) may seek to set out aside a court order finding that a particular person is a child’s father.
  • A mother, a presumed father (a man who is presumed to be the child’s father by virtue of his marriage to the child’s mother at the time of the child’s conception of birth) or an alleged father may seek to overturn a presumption that a particular person is a child’s father because he was married to the child’s mother when the child was conceived or born.

The Revocation of Paternity act provides details procedures for all three of these scenarios, but even if the procedures are followed, a court can refuse to set aside a paternity determination if it finds that doing so would not be in the best interests of a child.

Call our team today at (248) 780-1775 to speak to one of our highly skilled child custody attorneys.

Consultations are available in-person and by phone for FREE.

Serving Clients in Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe, Genesee, Lapeer & St. Clair Counties

We believe that our role as an advocate for our clients is to give them the insight they need to make informed decisions, and the voice they need to see those decisions through. Life is busy and complicated enough without having to deal with complicated family law matters alone. We work tirelessly to act as a trusted adviser, providing clients with the information they need to make decisions that will have a positive effect on their lives. At The Law Firm of Victoria, P.C., we know that communication between our clients and attorneys is a key aspect of a successful case, and it is something we emphasize highly at our firm.

Call our attorneys at (248) 780-1775 today for a free consultation.

    "My biggest mistake was in not retaining you at the onset."

    - L.M.

    "You have been a great help for me and have opened my eyes to a lot of new information and I am very thankful for you and the Law Firm of Victoria."

    - A.L.

    "Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I appreciate your kindness, professionalism and patience. You are truly a blessing."

    - P.O.

Get In Touch
With Our Legal Team

Speak With Experienced & Compassionate Family Law Attorneys Call Us Today

Schedule A
Free Consultation

Fill Out OUr online Form Below
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Responding to Divorce Papers in Michigan
    • Divorce
    Read Blog
    woman responding to divorce papers
  • How Long Does Divorce Take in Michigan?
    • Divorce
    Read Blog
    woman thinking of divorce
  • How to Best Prepare for Divorce
    • Divorce
    Read Blog
    worried woman preparing for divorce
  • What Factors Do Courts Consider When Determining Child Custody?
    • Child Custody
    Read Blog
    mom with her daughter at table
  • Who Gets Custody of the Kids During a Divorce?
    • Child Custody
    Read Blog
    mom holding her baby
  • What Happens If I Don't Sign Divorce Papers?
    • Divorce
    Read Blog
    contract papers to sign